Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Victory

Sweat feel like drops of blood to the ground

No....Not my soul..anything...please! cried the man

Oh...but thats exactly what i want...sneered the demon.

His pupils widened as the hooded figure shrouded in darkness glidded soundlessly over the floor.Everything seemed lost.He felt all hope and his very life being sapped away by the evry presence of this being.

Take a look around....its the last thing u'll see...the raspy voice said,sending a chill that resonated throughout his whole body.

All hope was lost.And then...a bang,a flash of white light.

"AHHHH!!!!"screamed the evil spirit in terror and pain.

The man had to shield his eyes,whoever it was that saved him,the light that He emittied was too glaring for the naked eye.

A hand extended and as the man grasped it,warmth flooded back into his body...life,hope,joy all things that were good seemed to be surrounding his Saviour.

And as he was helped up,his eyes were accustomed to the light,but still he could not see the persons face.

All is not lost..said the voice,a deep and comforting voice it was,...I will strengthen and ...I Wills Sve.

No,I cant...I'm not strong enough....

Trust,have faith dear one.Stand firm in me....For I will forever remain faithful.Remember....and He breathed on the mans face.Courage and boldness overwhelmed the man.

And then in another flash of light..the man was alone again.But he felt something in both his hands.A sword and a shield,engraved with a cross.

In an instant the tables were turned.

The tormenter looked in horror as his pray was inevitably about tog ain...victory.

1 comment:

Alex Steinert Miles said...

good analogy. I always fail to see prayer beyond my battle. A good reminder indeed. Keep writing